Savvy architect/photographer - proven management experience - social media strategist/manager - critical thinker - innovative problem solver - and adept negotiator. Background includes; obtaining 30% to 40% profit margin for eight consecutive years, more than $60 millions in projects completed as principal, and launching the Myarchn social network that accounts for more than four million page-views since inception in 2007.
MyarchN, LLC - Brooklyn, NY 2007-present Founder - Producer
- Launched MyarchN, an architectural- and design-centered social network with a broad international reach.
- Develop applications for the site and manage community matters.
- Photojournals; Sicily, South Africa, Cuba, Europe, Caribbean, New York
- The site counts with more than 4,200 registered members.
- More than 4.0 million page-views since launched in May of 2007.
RML Architects, PSC - San Juan, PR 1993-present
- Spearheaded multiple high-profile projects in Puerto Rico.
- Expertise: Historic Preservation, Rehabilitation, Educational. Housing, Private Homes, and High End Interiors.
- Projects range: $ 400,000 to $ 20,000,000.
- Yagüez Theater Restoration, a National Registered Historic Building (NRHP) and National Monument (ICPR).
- More than 60 projects completed from concept to construction in the last 15 years.
- Worked with clients to identify objectives and formulate options; conceptualized total project and established key work priorities for development of design, scheduling and budgeting.
- Created and developed overall design concepts; formulated design presentation strategies and prepared presentations.
- Managed design process for entire project; lead/directed the work of other designers, engineers, consultants and technical staff.
- Prepared designs, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for projects; initiated and developed design and construction documents for projects.
- Supervised construction work, reviewed change orders and payment applications; performed observation, evaluation, reporting and clarifications of construction documents for projects during construction.
Rivera & Alejandro - San Juan, PR 1988-1993
- In charged of design, constructions documents and supervision of multiple award-winning projects.
- The Quincentennial Plaza of the Discovery of America; New Campus Facilities - Colegio Universitario del Este
- School of Engineering, Turabo University; Graduate School - Turabo University
State Historic Preservation Office - San Juan, PR 1986-1988
- Design and presentations for key projects during Rafael Hernandez Colón (P.R. Governor) second term in office.
- Projects included the awarded and internationally acclaimed Ballajá Ward Rehabilitation in Old San Juan.
The New School, New York, NY 2010-present
- Master Candidate in Media Studies
Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI 1986-1986
- Bachelor in Architecture
1986- Selected Portfolio-RISD
1984-Hispanic Talent Search Architectural Competition-Honorable Mention-NY
- Bachelor in Fine Arts
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 1980-1982
- Engineering Department (National Dean List)
- Rafael Marxuach-The Creative Mind Behind MyarchN - El Nuevo Dia
- The Reinvention of the Architect - School of Architecture, University of Puerto Rico
- Architecture for Hummanity, Radio Arquitectura Hoy - WKAQ
- Drawing Plans on MyarchN - Ning
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Architect - PR & NY (in process), CAAPPR, NCARB, ICBO
- Fully Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Experienced Executive, Team Leader and World Traveler
- Mac, Windows, Mobile, Freehand Drawing, InDesign, Photo-shop, Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs.
- Certificates: Autocad, OSHA, IBC/ICC, Revit, Sketch-Up, Parametric Design
- Social Media and Networking, Content Creator, Photographer, Basic HTML and CSS